About Singapore Math® Parent Guide:
- Helps students develop conceptual understandings through strategic problem-solving
- Explains clearly the instructional approach used in the book
- Includes activities parents can do with their children to understand what makes Singapore Math®so effective
About the Author:
- Karl-Henry Romain has been an educator and instructional leader for almost two decades.
- He has engaged in extensive study of the nuances of mathematics programs in Pacific Rim countries, including Singapore.
- Currently, he trains teachers and administrators in Little Rock, Arkansas, on the content, pedagogy, and instructional strategies found in Singapore Math® programs.
About the Consultant:
- Dr. Lee Ngan Hoe is an Associate Professor at the Nanyang Technological University’s National Institute of Education.
- He has years of experience as a mathematics teacher, a Gifted Education Specialist at Singapore’s Ministry of Education, and as an educator for future teachers.
- He has also co-authored two elementary-level mathematics series, and his expertise is internationally recognized.
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: What is Singapore Math®?
Chapter 2: Numbers Aren’t Letters
Chapter 3: Multiplication and Division
Chapter 4: Misunderstood Numbers
Chapter 5: Problem Solving
Chapter 6: Bar Modeling
Chapter 7: Just Math
Frequently Asked Questions